Re: Rotors and brake pads

  • cateraowners
    Message 1 of 10 , May 1, 2004
      I would suggest you call some of the discount GM parts suppliers
      listed in the Files - Parts section for the shocks.

      --- In CateraOwners@yahoogroups.com, rocknthick69 <no_reply@y...>

    • Chad
      Message 2 of 10 , May 1, 2004
        Sometimes you can reuse the sensors but most of the time they break. They
        are really brittle from the heat of the brakes.

        The light isn't on and this is why. When I went to pick up my car
        from the alignment I had the mechanic show me and in deed the rotors
        were shot and the pad are getting low.
        The way the system works is that the sensor are cut when the
        indicators get low and the sensors are cut in half causing the light
        to come on. The indicators are touching the lines and he was warning
        me.
        Thanks to the mechanic he saved me $50. I called around and the
        sensors in my area run $25 bucks a piece. I found (2) quality
        rotors, and front ceramic pads for $140. I thought it would be a lot
        more but they were both on sale.
        I also found out that I have a bad rear shock. I am going to replace
        both shocks but the problem is finding them. I called everywhere (12)
        stores and none carried them and can't get them. I called the dealer
        and they want $225/each. I will not pay that.
        Does anyone have any experience replacing them?

        > Its true the light should be on but someone might have wired it so
        the light will never come on.

        Service.

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Lu Wenyi
        Message 3 of 10 , May 5, 2004
          If you do not care about the sensor, you can tir the two sensor wire
          together. The light will never come on. This way, you can save money on
          sensors but you need to watch when the break pads is low.
          I did this to my 98's. It works great that way.

          Regards,
          Wenyi Lu

          与世界各地的朋友进行交流,免费下载 MSN Messenger:
          http://messenger.msn.com/cn