Where Exactly is the fuse box?

  • agompel
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2013
      Hello:
      I got (see below), from the internet.
      I just can't find the screws, etc...
      Would by chance, anyone a photo of this thing (or be able to make one and post it)?
      Thanks.
      J.

      It's below the left end of the dashboard, but you have to remove the knee board (the padded curved panel under the left side of the gauge cluster) first for access to the fuse box. Once the plastic clips at the bottom corners of the knee board have been loosened with a short big bladed screwdriver, use your palms to lift both ends of the knee board near its top to release the blind studs behind its upper corners that line up with slotted holes. (Reverse the process when reinstalling the knee board making sure the studs have seated in the slots before retightening the plastic clips at the same time you hold the board firmly up against the bottom of the dashboard). Now, this is important: You cannot rely on the diagram in the owners manual (page 6-57) or the labels on the fuse box to know which fuse controls which circuit -- but you can rely on the ampere values for the fuses. (It's more complicated and some circuits use non-standard fuses). If a fuse is burnt out, you'll have to find it by trial and error moderated with a little educated guessing. If you're attempting to perform a repair that has not blown a fuse, you're outta luck unless there is an electrical test you can perform.
      The interior main fuse panel is located under the steering wheel behind the trim panel that your knees always hit. Turn two screws on bottom side about two or three turns
      (they will not come all the way out) and then lift panel up and out,