RE: [CateraOwners] oil tubes

  • Tyrrell01
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 17, 2013

      These are the oil feed and return lines. One feeds oil thru the oil cooler on top of the block and the other is the return line back to the block. When my oil cooler split and started mixing coolant with oil I got rid of the tubes by cutting them and had a high pressure oil line made up. I removed the fittings from the tubes by the filter and put in the new line thereby having a continuous oil flow but bypassing the oil cooler. I would not recommend doing this unless you really have a lot of time and tools on your hands - took me a while to get it done because there isn't much room to work in and had to make up a lot of special wrenches and stuff.

      Norton

    • kevinlatham233
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 18, 2013
        ok thanks alot yea i got oil geting into my coolant tank so guess oil cooler has split i appreciate your input thanks again