Re: headlights

  • tupsley.youth
    Message 1 of 44 , Oct 5, 2012
      In UK the GM Omega suffers the exact same problems of misting and broken adjusters. The puny adjusters can be made good with a nicely manufactured ( non GM) turned aluminum part that retails for less that £20.0 ($32.00) a pair. The generally accepted way of curing the cloudy lens problem is by progressive use of finer and finer wet and dry paper. I understand the results are good, however it time consuming! I have repaired broken Omega adjusters myself and it is a relatively straightforward job, if a bit alarming. (the light needs to be heated up in your domestic oven,to remove the lens) Hope this helps! Question is... is Omega headlight same as Catera?

      --- In CateraOwners@yahoogroups.com, "John Cullen" <jnc19610@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone have a good headlight solution for a 1997 model except $356
      > (times 2) for new ones? Mine have cloudy lenses and broken adjustors.
      >
      > I'm working on the cloudy with some polish and rubbing compound. For
      > the broken adjustors, I've just stuffed a piece of (fire resistant I
      > think) foam in for now to keep them from 'floating' around, but would
      > like a better long term solution. The aim isn't so hot, but at least
      > I'm not illuminating the tops of trees anymore.
      >
      > My dealer says there is no campaign to fix this, and I've used up my
      > 'one goodwill' repair on a head gasket. Does anyone think we have some
      > other choices for recourse?
      >
      > I've checked with Hella on aftermarket availability. (the lights are in
      > their online catalog) I have an e-mail that basically says lights are
      > out of stock and no longer being manufactured. (I find this interesting
      > and still have some ongoing research to do here)
      >
      > If anyone has a broken set of lights they would let me 'play' with, I'd
      > really appreciate it.

    • cateraowners
      Message 44 of 44 , Nov 15, 2013

        Hello folks...there are vendors on eBay Germany selling the correct headlamps for around $200 a pair US shipped for the 97-99 Cateras...available in Chrome or Blackout reflectors...the Omega B headlamps match some years of the Catera, be sure you have the correct part number for your vehicle and verify the interchangeability prior to ordering.  There are also Omega headlamps for the newer cars available from the UK and Europe on eBay UK and eBay Germany much less expensively, and they will ship to the USA.  Other members have ordered these in the past with success...check the message archives.

        http://www.ebay.com/itm/Headlights-For-Opel-Omega-B-Clear-Glass-Tuning-Chrome-New-/380743501699

        my left is a disaster the right is fogged any solution is helpful