1997 Catera

  • Chet
    Message 1 of 26 , Jun 30, 2012
      more and more recently when the brake pedal is depressed the car will not shift out of park. any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated
    • Lew
      Message 2 of 26 , Jul 2, 2012
        --- In CateraOwners@yahoogroups.com, "Chet" <chetallen@...> wrote:

        > more and more recently when the brake pedal is depressed the car will not shift out of park. any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated

        Sounds like you're having a problem with your brake-light switch, located near the steering column by the pedal cluster. I noticed that when I had this problem my brake lights also didn't work, so it was easy to diagnose. It may just be a loose connection, if not the switch is somewhat easy to replace. Good Luck!