Re: 2001 Catera Multiple Codes

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 1, 2011
      The K134 part #90494163 it should take care of your radio, trunk and gas cap issues. You can order it through gmpartsdirect. I'll search for another source.
      Then you should get the codes cleared and see how it goes.

      --- In CateraOwners@yahoogroups.com, "Christopher" <christopher.thomas1970@...> wrote:

      > Will the K134 take care of the error codes? I have searched for a replacement to no avail. Any ideas on where to get one?
      >
      > --- In CateraOwners@yahoogroups.com, "Tom" <akamai43@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Did you replace K134 under the dash ??
      > >

      > > --- In CateraOwners@yahoogroups.com, "Christopher" <christopher.thomas1970@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Get ready. I have error codes PO161, PO155, PO160, P1141, PO141, PO135, and P1161. They all seem related to all 4 of the Oxygen sensors on both banks. Is there a common link to all of these? I have read all the responces to individual code answers and the relay in position # 39 seems to pop up a few times. I don't have my owners manual so which one is position #39? Also I have had the intermitant problem with the radio/trunk/gas cap going in and out at random. I replaced the first relay (closest to the front) and it seems to clear up the problem for a couple of days, then it starts all over again. Help !!

    • Tom
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 1, 2011
        I'm not sure if this posted or not so I'm posting it again.
        K134 Relay part #90494163 is located under the drivers side dash board. It's gray in color and you can probably fix it yourself if you have a soldering iron.
        What normally goes out is just broken solder joints. All you have to do is re-solder the joints and it should work.
        Or you can order one from gmpartsdirect for around $52.00

        --- In CateraOwners@yahoogroups.com, "Christopher" <christopher.thomas1970@...> wrote:

        > Will the K134 take care of the error codes? I have searched for a replacement to no avail. Any ideas on where to get one?
        >
        > --- In CateraOwners@yahoogroups.com, "Tom" <akamai43@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Did you replace K134 under the dash ??
        > >

        > > --- In CateraOwners@yahoogroups.com, "Christopher" <christopher.thomas1970@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Get ready. I have error codes PO161, PO155, PO160, P1141, PO141, PO135, and P1161. They all seem related to all 4 of the Oxygen sensors on both banks. Is there a common link to all of these? I have read all the responces to individual code answers and the relay in position # 39 seems to pop up a few times. I don't have my owners manual so which one is position #39? Also I have had the intermitant problem with the radio/trunk/gas cap going in and out at random. I replaced the first relay (closest to the front) and it seems to clear up the problem for a couple of days, then it starts all over again. Help !!

      • Tom

          Will the K134 take care of the error codes? I have searched for a replacement to no avail. Any ideas on where to get one?

          --- In CateraOwners@yahoogroups.com, "Tom" <akamai43@...> wrote:

          > Did you replace K134 under the dash ??
          >

          > --- In CateraOwners@yahoogroups.com, "Christopher" <christopher.thomas1970@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Get ready. I have error codes PO161, PO155, PO160, P1141, PO141, PO135, and P1161. They all seem related to all 4 of the Oxygen sensors on both banks. Is there a common link to all of these? I have read all the responces to individual code answers and the relay in position # 39 seems to pop up a few times. I don't have my owners manual so which one is position #39? Also I have had the intermitant problem with the radio/trunk/gas cap going in and out at random. I replaced the first relay (closest to the front) and it seems to clear up the problem for a couple of days, then it starts all over again. Help !!

        • Tony Tran
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 3, 2011
            Please with my 2001 Catera's battery charge problem.

            PROBLEMS:
            a)  The battery voltage meter on the instrument cluster shows the battery voltage declines slowly after each engine starts.

            b) After many engine starts,  the battery does not have enough power to start the car. When the battery is fully charged the needle points to half way (12 volts) on the voltage meter. After more than 7 or so starts, it shows 2 marks below that and the battery is unable to start the engine (the starter tries to crank slowly).

            CLUES:
            a) The car runs fine even at night when a/c, fans, lights, etc. are running. The alternator appears providing power to all equipment in the car except charging the battery.

            b) The battery is tested at Autozone using their  test equipment and the test results show the battery is good and holds charge.

            c) The cables where they are clamped to the battery posts were cleaned and free from corrosion.

            d) The starter works fine when the battery has enough power.

            What is wrong with the car ?  How do I troubleshooting the problems ? What should be checked or replaced to make it work ?  Part number ?

            Thank you for your help.

            Tony

          • tuctem
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 4, 2011
              This could be the case of the "pink or whitish" positive battery cable.
              Read message 25523 ; do a "battery cable" search to open the archives
              where there is plenty of info on this subject. Look for "positive cable
              " in the photo archives as well.

              --- In CateraOwners@yahoogroups.com, Tony Tran <tt1mich@...> wrote:

              > Please with my 2001 Catera's battery charge problem.
              >
              > PROBLEMS:
              > a) The battery voltage meter on the instrument cluster shows the
              battery
              > voltage declines slowly after each engine starts.
              >
              > b) After many engine starts, the battery does not have enough power to
              start
              > the car. When the battery is fully charged the needle points to half
              way (12
              > volts) on the voltage meter. After more than 7 or so starts, it shows
              2 marks
              > below that and the battery is unable to start the engine (the starter
              tries to
              > crank slowly).
              >
              > CLUES:
              > a) The car runs fine even at night when a/c, fans, lights, etc. are
              running. The
              > alternator appears providing power to all equipment in the car except
              charging
              > the battery.
              >
              > b) The battery is tested at Autozone using their test equipment and
              the test
              > results show the battery is good and holds charge.
              >
              > c) The cables where they are clamped to the battery posts were cleaned
              and free
              > from corrosion.
              >
              > d) The starter works fine when the battery has enough power.
              >
              > What is wrong with the car ? Howdo I troubleshooting the problems ?
              What should
              > be checked or replaced to make it work ? Part number ?
              >
              > Thank you for your help.
              >
              > Tony

            • Ba Ki
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 4, 2011
                you mat want to check connection, same way you did for battery posts, to ground + alternator + starter.

                If all good disconnect the battery, and check for drain when engine is off, namely use a amp meter in between battery negative and ground in series and see what you get. you should not see big drain 6-7 min after key has been switched off and all doors closed, lights off.

                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 16, 2011
                  I am still waiting on the relay to arrive.I wanted to thank you for pointing me in a new direction. I hope it clears up the problem. I will let you know if it does. Thanks again