Doorlocks, fuel door and trunk won't open

  • edwianni1@verizon.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 26, 2010
      After spending 3 hours today trying to access the fuel filler door (trunk locked too) by removing the rear seatbacks to get to it, I finally decided to go to the "Group". Fortunately one member mentioned if you start the car and put it in reverse the filler door and the trunk will open from the dash. It worked. Now can anyone tell me is it the k134 or the k135 relay that's bad and isn't there a handle to open the trunk from the inside. I could not find it. Thanks in advance. Ed.
    • Ed Ianni
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2010
        An Update. I wiggled what I think was the k134 under the dash and did the same in the area around the k135 (passenger side pillar) and everything came back on (door locks ok, trunk now opens from dash, fuel filler cap also opens from dash.  I spotted what I believe is the manual trunk release on the inside of the trunk lid. Now the dome light and the interior lights are not operating when I open the door.  Any thoughts? Thanks in advance. Ed.
      • LP Porras USA
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2010
          what is the difference (in functions) between the k134 and the k135?

          Thank you all,

          LP

        • Dr. James Maskasky
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 5, 2010

            I can partially help you.  Yes, there is a handle to open the trunk on the inside.  You can access the trunk through removing the rear seat and then the filler panels on the back.  I attached a string to the trunk opening handle and ran it into my rear seat so I could open the trunk.  Unfortunately, the gas filler door does not have an easy manual mode.  If you can open it by the “reverse” technique then use a wad of masking tape to prevent it from closing all the way, the mechanical latching solenoid will not catch the gas door to hold it shut.  I was on a trip when mine failed and a caddy dealer in Orange Park FL. ran a new wire to get everything working right again.

          • Ed Ianni
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 6, 2010
              Thank you for the advice. Even though everything is working now I am going to tie a string to the inside trunk handle for future problems. At the time of the problem I could not see the handle (even though I had lowered the back seat) because it was hidden by the Amplifier.  Ed.

              Sent: Wednesday, October 06, 2010 4:58 AM
              Subject: [CateraOwners] Doorlocks, fuel door and trunk won't open

              I can partially help you.  Yes, there is a handle to open the trunk on the inside.  You can access the trunk through removing the rear seat and then the filler panels on the back.  I attached a string to the trunk opening handle and ran it into my rear seat so I could open the trunk.  Unfortunately, the gas filler door does not have an easy manual mode.  If you can open it by the “reverse” technique then use a wad of masking tape to prevent it from closing all the way, the mechanical latching solenoid will not catch the gas door to hold it shut.  I was on a trip when mine failed and a caddy dealer in Orange Park FL. ran a new wire to get everything working right again.

            • bb-aeric
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 6, 2010
                --- In CateraOwners@yahoogroups.com, "Dr. James Maskasky" <jimas@...> wrote:

                > I can partially help you. Yes, there is a handle to open the trunk on the
                > inside. You can access the trunk through removing the rear seat and then
                > the filler panels on the back. I attached a string to the trunk opening
                > handle and ran it into my rear seat so I could open the trunk.
                > Unfortunately, the gas filler door does not have an easy manual mode. If
                > you can open it by the "reverse" technique then use a wad of masking tape to
                > prevent it from closing all the way, the mechanical latching solenoid will
                > not catch the gas door to hold it shut. I was on a trip when mine failed
                > and a caddy dealer in Orange Park FL. ran a new wire to get everything
                > working right again.

                Ummm, not quite sure why you would remove the seats, didn't all of the Cateras have rear seat backs that fold forward? Little push buttons on the top outside corners of the seat backs. There is also the access door behind the rear seat armrest. I know my 2001 works this way, and pretty sure I didn't see it listed as an option anywhere on the invoice... æric