Re: what the...

  • gord_gecko
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2009
      --- In CateraOwners@yahoogroups.com, "john05636" <john05636@...> wrote:

      > every time i get gas my check engine light comes on ? then goes off in a few days...i only put 20 in at a time kuz that's all i use a week. 89 octane.. it doest bother me just wondered if any one gets this to ?

      Replace the gas cap.
    • John Williams
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2009
        thanks gord .is that a dealer item or can i get it alse where ?

        John Williams.

        > every time i get gas my check engine light comes on ? then goes off in a few days...i only put 20 in at a time kuz that's all i use a week. 89 octane.. it doest bother me just wondered if any one gets this to ?

        Replace the gas cap.

      • trwong2000
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2009
          When you put the gas cap on, do you tighten it until it clicks 3 or 4 times? That is the correct procedure to tighten enough to keep the fuel vapors contained.

          --- In CateraOwners@yahoogroups.com, "john05636" <john05636@...> wrote:

          > every time i get gas my check engine light comes on ? then goes off in a few days...i only put 20 in at a time kuz that's all i use a week. 89 octane.. it doest bother me just wondered if any one gets this to ?

        • cateraowners
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 1, 2009
            FYI...the Fuel Cap is available as a dealer item or at vendors like Autozone. Good luck.