Re: Dash padding continually falling off.

  • mcarcher10
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2009
      --- In CateraOwners@yahoogroups.com, "edwianni1" <edwianni1@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone have the problem (and a solution)of the dash padding "cover" (the large one that is under the steering wheel (on both sides of it[and covers the fuse box]) frequently falling down. It seems the slots on the top of the "holding bolt/screww are so narrow that it very hard to lock them "in" for any length of time. I don't know if you can just buy them and install them or there is much more to it. Thanks in advance, Ed.

      It's a pain to get that thing lined up and fastened into place. Keep trying. You need to give those fasteners a full hall turn to lock in.
    • cateraowners
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2009
        I had one of those on a 98 that wouldn't stay in place...eventually I bought another one out of a salvage yard, and solved said problem.

        --- In CateraOwners@yahoogroups.com, "mcarcher10" <mcarcher10@...> wrote:

        > --- In CateraOwners@yahoogroups.com, "edwianni1" <edwianni1@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Does anyone have the problem (and a solution)of the dash padding "cover" (the large one that is under the steering wheel (on both sides of it[and covers the fuse box]) frequently falling down. It seems the slots on the top of the "holding bolt/screww are so narrow that it very hard to lock them "in" for any length of time. I don't know if you can just buy them and install them or there is much more to it. Thanks in advance, Ed.
        > >

        > It's a pain to get that thing lined up and fastened into place. Keep trying. You need to give those fasteners a full hall turn to lock in.

      • Ba Ki
        Message 3 of 4 , May 2, 2009
          Ed,

          I once had to access the famous K134. When I put this piece back it was falling off frequently.

          I noticed it wasn't installed properly. You have to align it perfectly and use a BIG screw driver to tight the 2 holding bolts in their locking angle. The bolt sort of "clicks" when locked....