RE: [CateraOwners] Re: Door Hinge Problem

  • D Winder
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 1, 2009

      The following is a post from terrypaget from 6/24/08 . I know I have come across a diagram and instructions for this, perhaps it is in the archives. My driver’s side door hinge has broken.

      I have repaired many Omega door restraints on my used Omegas! You can
      but a kit from Vauxhall/Cadillac consisting of two steel plates and
      four longer screws. You need to remove the door card, then use the two
      steel plates to reinforce the torn weak section on the door skin where
      the door restraint attaches. I believe this is now in Catera archives.
      If not come back and I will find my original letter and repeat myself.

      Terry

      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 1, 2009
        Look at the file "door strap.doc" in the Files section...it's really
        quite lovely how this was done.

        http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/ENWFSaHnGsX1W227jZwIGZvva41DAi-YVbF2c16UZUQk1K8KNo46PbM8KNmf4EZLfwYn4_HIqD3xmU7k3UE6/Door.strap.doc

        --- In CateraOwners@yahoogroups.com, "D Winder" <dwinder@...> wrote:

        > The following is a post from terrypaget from 6/24/08. I know I have come
        > across a diagram and instructions for this, perhaps it is in the
        archives.
        > My driver's side door hinge has broken.
        >

        > I have repaired many Omega door restraints on my used Omegas! You can
        > but a kit from Vauxhall/Cadillac consisting of two steel plates and
        > four longer screws. You need to remove the door card, then use the two
        > steel plates to reinforce the torn weak section on the door skin where
        > the door restraint attaches. I believe this is now in Catera archives.
        > If not come back and I will find my original letter and repeat myself.
        >
        > Terry
        >

        > _____

      • cateraowners
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 1, 2009
          And the TSB on this is in the Files section...

          http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/ENWFSeZoKFb1W227iIsl-tEHW9sFTN6A7MtoxzP0HnnrGdJhOhwmTNnJyD2KKv_Yt_QwoXrxHGvvFxXJDEBb/Cadillac%20Catera%20TSB%20%26%20Service%20Files/TSB%20-%20Door%20Hinge%20-%20Noise%20When%20Opening%20Door.doc

          --- In CateraOwners@yahoogroups.com, "cateraowners" <cateraowners@...>
          wrote:

          > Look at the file "door strap.doc" in the Files section...it's really
          > quite lovely how this was done.

          http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/ENWFSaHnGsX1W227jZwIGZvva41DAi-YVbF2c16UZUQk1K8KNo46PbM8KNmf4EZLfwYn4_HIqD3xmU7k3UE6/Door.strap.doc

          > --- In CateraOwners@yahoogroups.com, "D Winder" <dwinder@> wrote:
          > >
          > > The following is a post from terrypaget from 6/24/08. I know I
          have come
          > > across a diagram and instructions for this, perhaps it is in the
          > archives.
          > > My driver's side door hinge has broken.
          > >

          > > I have repaired many Omega door restraints on my used Omegas! You can
          > > but a kit from Vauxhall/Cadillac consisting of two steel plates and
          > > four longer screws. You need to remove the door card, then use the two
          > > steel plates to reinforce the torn weak section on the door skin where
          > > the door restraint attaches. I believe this is now in Catera archives.
          > > If not come back and I will find my original letter and repeat myself.
          > >
          > > Terry
          > >

          > > _____

        • Edmund Cher
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 4, 2009

            The link does not work. Can you check the link again?

            Look at the file "door strap.doc" in the Files section...it' s really
            quite lovely how this was done.

            http://f1.grp. yahoofs.com/ v1/ENWFSaHnGsX1W 227jZwIGZvva41DA i-YVbF2c16UZUQk1 K8KNo46PbM8KNmf4 EZLfwYn4_ HIqD3xmU7k3UE6/ Door.strap. doc

            --- In CateraOwners@ yahoogroups. com, "D Winder" <dwinder@... > wrote:

            > The following is a post from terrypaget from 6/24/08. I know I have come
            > across a diagram and instructions for this, perhaps it is in the
            archives.
            > My driver's side door hinge has broken.
            >

            > I have repaired many Omega door restraints on my used Omegas! You can
            > but a kit from Vauxhall/Cadillac consisting of two steel plates and
            > four longer screws. You need to remove the door card, then use the two
            > steel plates to reinforce the torn weak section on the door skin where
            > the door restraint attaches. I believe this is now in Catera archives.
            > If not come back and I will find my original letter and repeat myself.
            >
            > Terry
            >

            > _____

          • cateraowners
            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 5, 2009
              I'll post it again, but if it doesn't work, click Files in the left
              hand column and scroll down to door strap.doc. It's there.

              http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/gJyKSWRmuy_6mmKs2l4oosdP4FhCQn_g-c8w_vbN7dEclGNYzDRRk162YjHAC5g06xxO3At096_E4mcsAJeS/Door.strap.doc

            • Edmund Cher
              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 5, 2009

                Thank you very much!!