RE: [CateraOwners] Low oil sensor

  • Anthony Drosos
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 1, 2008

      SENSOR, MINIMUM OIL LEVEL, OIL PAN

      90379288

      1

      Note: USED WITH MULTI-FUNCTION DISPLAY

      From: CateraOwners@yahoogroups.com [mailto: CateraOwners@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of nzdurante
      Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2008 9:37 PM
      To: CateraOwners@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [CateraOwners] Low oil sensor

      Hello fellow Catera owners,
      Can anyone tell me the part number for the engine oil level sensor?
      The one that's in the oil pan. Thanks, I can't seem to find it in any
      online catalogues.

      __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 3402 (20080831) __________

      http://www.eset.com

    • nzdurante
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 1, 2008
        It's a '98.
        Anthony Drosos has replied with part #90379288.
        Thanks
        --- In CateraOwners@yahoogroups.com, "Tyrrell" <tyrrell01@...> wrote:

        > What year is your Cat?

      • Ieisha
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 2, 2008
          I have a 99 Cadillac Catera and I recently started to have problems that are starting to worry me. My traction control light and my abs light will come on and when this happens my speedometer goes down and I can no longer tell how fast I am going. This does not remain this way. It lasts for bout twenty minutes, the lights go off and the speedometer kicks back in. In addition to this the rack and pinion steering tightens up. But again this only happens when those lights are on. Any ideas and anyone know if this car is worth saving? I'm two months from paying it off! Stafford, Va. Ieisha
          Can anyone tell me the part number for the engine oil level sensor?
          The one that's in the oil pan. Thanks, I can't seem to find it in any
          online catalogues.

          Messages <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CateraOwners/messages;_ylc=X3oDMTJlcmQwaW90BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ1NTk4ODEEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2MTgxBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA21zZ3MEc3RpbWUDMTIyMDIzMTkyNw--> | Files <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CateraOwners/files;_ylc=X3oDMTJmamhrMTMzBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ1NTk4ODEEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2MTgxBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2ZpbGVzBHN0aW1lAzEyMjAyMzE5Mjc-> | Photos <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CateraOwners/photos;_ylc=X3oDMTJlazU4a3B0BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ1NTk4ODEEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2MTgxBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3Bob3QEc3RpbWUDMTIyMDIzMTkyNw--> | Links <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CateraOwners/links;_ylc=X3oDMTJmcXJhZWQxBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ1NTk4ODEEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2MTgxBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2xpbmtzBHN0aW1lAzEyMjAyMzE5Mjc-> | Database <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CateraOwners/database;_ylc=X3oDMTJjYXVqYW4xBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ1NTk4ODEEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2MTgxBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2RiBHN0aW1lAzEyMjAyMzE5Mjc-> | Polls <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CateraOwners/polls;_ylc=X3oDMTJmMDRxNTBmBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ1NTk4ODEEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2MTgxBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3BvbGxzBHN0aW1lAzEyMjAyMzE5Mjc-> | Members <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CateraOwners/members;_ylc=X3oDMTJla2JwamY1BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ1NTk4ODEEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2MTgxBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA21icnMEc3RpbWUDMTIyMDIzMTkyNw--> | Calendar <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CateraOwners/calendar;_ylc=X3oDMTJkNXZpdTZ1BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ1NTk4ODEEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2MTgxBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2NhbARzdGltZQMxMjIwMjMxOTI3>

          Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest <mailto:CateraOwners-digest@yahoogroups.com?subject=Email Delivery: Digest> | Switch format to Traditional <mailto:CateraOwners-traditional@yahoogroups.com?subject=Change Delivery Format: Traditional>

          Visit Your Group
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CateraOwners;_ylc=X3oDMTJkZmk4cDN2BF9TAzk3NDc2NTkwBGdycElkAzQ1NTk4ODEEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2MTgxBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2hwZgRzdGltZQMxMjIwMjMxOTI4> |
          Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> |

          Recent Activity

          *
           12
          New Members <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CateraOwners/members;_ylc=X3oDMTJmbGhwbjg3BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ1NTk4ODEEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2MTgxBHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZtYnJzBHN0aW1lAzEyMjAyMzE5Mjc->

          Visit Your Group <htt

          Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
        • gord_gecko
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 2, 2008
            --- In CateraOwners@yahoogroups.com, "Ieisha" <eisha2004@...> wrote:

            > I have a 99 Cadillac Catera and I recently started to have problems
            that are starting to worry me. My traction control light and my abs
            light will come on and when this happens my speedometer goes down and I
            can no longer tell how fast I am going. This does not remain this way.
            It lasts for bout twenty minutes, the lights go off and the speedometer
            kicks back in. In addition to this the rack and pinion steering
            tightens up. But again this only happens when those lights are on. Any
            ideas and anyone know if this car is worth saving? I'm two months from
            paying it off! Stafford, Va. Ieisha

            The ABTCM (Antilock Brake Traction Control Module) is going.
            A dealer will want $2000 to fix this.
            If you, or someone you know can work on the car, there is a place that
            will rebuild the module for about $250, and the installation
            instructions are in the archives.
            It is not an easy job.
          • Chad
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 2, 2008
              You need to have the EBTCM (electronic brake, traction control module) fixed
              or replaced. Lots of info in the archives on where to it is, how to remove
              it, where to get parts or send it off to be fixed. Even some talk about it
              last week. I think module masters is the place that repairs them.