Changing upper radiator hose question

  • Akicker
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2006
      I know the radiator neck is plastic but can anyone tell me if the neck
      on the engine side is plastic also? If so, great care must be taken
      not to break it. Also, is engine side a water pump? Are'nt there more
      than 1 water pump on the Cat? All help is greatly appreciated. :)
    • Chregan@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2006
         The neck on the engine is metal. There's a water pump on the front of the motor. There's another on the passenger side under the coolant bottle and a third on the driver's side by the radiator. The two electric pumps are to help circulation for the heater when the engine is idling. You can hear them running if you turn the key to on but don't start the car.

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1, 2006
          OK, gotcha. Thanks a mil Chregan. Also, have always wondered
          what that sound was from. I had guessed it was the fan or
          air recirc system. Still learning bout this car everyday. :)
          Again thanks.
        • Chad
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 1, 2006
            The engine side is aluminum but still be careful not to break it.  The engine water pump is driven by serpentine belt the other 2 water pumps are electric for the heater.