Re: [CateraOwners] Re: leveling

  • Jason Singleton
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 1, 2006
      That sound is not the pump for the air shocks, it is
      the throttle position sensor reseting itself. Turn
      you key to on and lean under the hood, you will hear
      that it comes from the TPS. If you read in the
      manual, this is the procedure for resetting the TPS.

      (http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=36035/*http://music.yahoo.com/unlimi

      (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman1/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39663/*http://voice.yah

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Chregan@aol.com
      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 2, 2006
        No, the 98's do not have the electronic throttle control which is what you're thinking of. The TPS does not have a motor in it.
        I've been under the hood and heard this noise. It comes from the front, passenger corner.

        --- Chregan@aol. com wrote:

> [...]
        > > shocks and raise the body level.
        > >
        > > One thing that you might want to check is that
        > when you have the
        > > rear-end raised, start the vehicle and you
        > shouldn't see the leveling
        > > light any longer. If the leveling light is still
        > on then the problems
        > > is ether in the switch or the computer that is
        > controlling the
        > > leveling.
        > > ------------
        > >
        > > On Jul 29, 2006, at 8:42 PM, sarita gomez wrote:
        > >
        > > > that would suck so bad. there is noway i can
        > afford this car. i
        > put so
        > > > much money into it. its driving me crazy. so
        > would this be something
        > > > really expensive, and or easily fixable.
        > > >
        > > > Jamie <caddyman06@ cad> wrote: the speaker-box
        > is noway going
        > > > to effect the leveling of the air shocks on the

        Do You Yahoo!?
        http://mail. yahoo.com

      • Jason Singleton
        Message 3 of 19 , Aug 2, 2006
          OK, I have a 2000 model. I have never heard any air
          pump kick on from the passanger side so it must be
          different on the 2000 model as compared to the 1998
          model. The electronic throttle control is what I was
          talking about as you mentioned.

          (_http://pa.yahoo.http://pa.http://pa.yahohttp://pa.yahohtt
          > p://pa.yahohttp://pa.http:/_

          (http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=36035/*http://music.yahoo.com/unlimi)

          > > ted/)

          === message truncated ===

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • s_gomez_23
          Message 4 of 19 , Aug 14, 2006
            I know i have asked about the leveling before.And i have got some good
            answers. But i am still having a problem. it is filled completly up
            with air and will not go back down. is it possible to disconnect the
            sensor and bypass power to the schocks?