Climate Control & Interior Dome lights

  • ondale
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2006
      Okay, on my 97 catera the Ac/Heater unit just went blank again.
      History of my climate control unit... It went dead about 4mos ago.
      Replaced the fuse, no problems. 6 weeks ago, it died again, it wasn't
      the fuse this time. Took it to a place, they cleaned the connectors,
      reinstalled it, and presto it worked, 2 weeks later, same thing, dead
      again. Any ideas? In addition to that, now the headlights suggested
      (!) indicator is always lite, therefore when I engage the automatic
      sensor, the headlights would always been on, even during the day when
      it is super sunny out. Again in the past, this would have been a fuse
      problem. The "nipple" dome sensor is not blocked or covered. Weird.
      To add insult to injury the interior dome lights & trunk lights work
      sometimes and sometimes they don't. When I open the door the light
      does not always come on (about 90% of the time it does not come on),
      also, when I press the buttons to turn them on manually, they do not
      work. Again, about 90% of time they don't work. I know the bulbs are
      good.

      I checked other forums, some suggest to disconnect the battery
      overnite, as a potential reset.

      I believe the Climate Control and Headlight Senor problems could be
      related. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.