Re: Catera is all over the road (Correction)

  • tphi35
    Message 1 of 72 , Dec 1, 2005
      I'm on my 4th set of tires in 77k miles. The latest set has
      probably 10k miles on them. (Counting the originals and those
      replaced under warrenty as part of one of the TSBs)

      I'm not 100% sure if the wear is unusual on the outside of the tire
      or if they are wearing evenly. I checked last night and they do
      appear to be wearing evenly.

      I did let a couple of lbs of air out of each last night backing off
      to the suggested 37lbs (thanks again for that tip).

      To more accurately discribe my problem, the car like Mike mentioned
      in his origional post that start this topic, the car tends to grab
      every groove and dip in the pavement. Hitting a bump can send the
      steering wheel anywhere from 11:00 to 1:00 positions. Whith the car
      pulling in that direction.

      Sean

      --- In CateraOwners@yahoogroups.com, Harry Freeman <gifutiger@h...>
      wrote:

      > Greetings ( + )!( + )
      >
      > What I said is a little confusing, if I was counting the 1st set
      of
      > tires that wore out at 14k miles I should have said I'm on my 3rd
      set
      > of tires, which is still a fib, because about 2/3 months ago I
      took the
      > Cat to "America's Tire Store" where I always get my tires, along
      with
      > the road hazard warranty, and when I returned the service manager
      told
      > me that he had some Bad New and Some Good News, which did I want
      first.

      > So I told him give it to me all at once, and he said that they had
      > determined that all of the tires had to be replaced because
      of "Sun
      > Damage" however all that it would cost me is for the new "Road
      Hazard
      > Warranty" so bottom line is 4 new Michelin's only cost me $124.00
      and
      > the last part of this correction is that I'm on my 4th set of
      tires.

      > When the 3rd set were replaced they probably still had at least
      10k of
      > tread.
      >
      > Sometimes you get lucky.
      >
      > On Nov 30, 2005, at 10:41 AM, Harry Freeman wrote:
      >
      > > Greetings ( + )!( + )
      > >
      > > I hope that the dealers - tire alignment shops that are doing
      your
      > > alignments are not using the alignment specifications that were
      > > originally published with the Catera.
      > >
      > > I have a '97 Cat and when I got the vehicle I got just over 14k
      miles
      > > on the original tires and they were gone. I went to the Cadillac
      Dealer
      > > and complained and was told that the original factory alignment
      > > specifications were incorrect, so they replaced the tires at
      Cadillac's
      > > expense (Free to Me) did a realignment. I'm on my second set of
      tires
      > > (Michelin) and odometer reads 87k so the corrected alignment
      procedure
      > > has to be the one that you want done if you want to have long
      life from
      > > your tires.
      > >
      > > On Nov 30, 2005, at 8:53 AM, tphi35 wrote:
      > >
      > >> Thanks for the tip on the inflation. I'll deflate the tires a
      bit
      > >> to 37. I've been replacing the tires because of premature wear.
      > >> Basically I show up at Discount Tire and they suggest new tires
      and
      > >> show me how worn mine are. I think I'm on the 4th or 5th set of
      > >> tires in 77k miles. I may just find a place that specializes in
      > >> suspension and have them check it out. (Any suggestions in the
      > >> Detroit area?) Since I've been back to the Dealer so many
      times I'd
      > >> on this same issue, I'd rather avoid going back there.
      > >>
      > >> Sean

      > >> stock size tires. I don't think that's the root cause of your
      issue
      > >> but over-inflated tires contribute to wandering because you're
      > >> reducing the amount of contact patch.
      > >> you say you've gone through several sets of tires, it would
      help to
      > >> tell us what's happening to them. Details, details details. They
      > >> really do help.
      > >> few k. I think something else is wrong.

      Good
      > >> replaced
      > >> had
      > >> wrong

      > >> most
      > >> this

      > >> your
      You

      Time,
      > >> the
      > >> kid
      > >> different
      > >> out.

      > >> the

      > > Greetings ( + )!( + )
      > >

      > > Best Regards, /\*_*/\
      > >
      > > Harry (*^_^*)
      > > * We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just
      passing
      > > through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to
      love...
      > > and then we return home.
      > > Australian Aboriginal proverb
      >

      > Best Regards, /\*_*/\
      >
      > Harry (*^_^*)
      > * We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just
      passing
      > through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to
      love...
      > and then we return home.
      > Australian Aboriginal proverb

    • Harry Freeman
      Message 72 of 72 , Jan 1, 2006
        Greetings ( + )!( + )

        AC Delco O2 sensor:

        Part# AFS20 fits most 1980-1994 GM cars. List price: $53.09 Our price:
        $28.95 each
        Part# AFS75 fits most 1993-2004 GM cars. List price: $76.98 Our price:
        $37.95 each

        Best Regards, /\*_*/\

        Harry (*^_^*)
        * We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing
        through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love...
        and then we return home.
        Australian Aboriginal proverb

        Greetings ( + )!( + )

        Best Regards, /\*_*/\

        Harry (*^_^*)
        * We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing
        through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love...
        and then we return home.
        Australian Aboriginal proverb

        Greetings ( + )!( + )

        Best Regards, /\*_*/\

        Harry (*^_^*)
        * If pro is the opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?
        Congress!
        Men's restroom House of Representatives,
        Washington, DC