34898Engine only goes up to 5,000 rpm

  • jerryferch
    Feb 23, 2014
      I bought a Catera recently as a project.  It had the oil cooler problem, a cracked radiator, and a bad head gasket.  Have fixed all that.  It also has the faulty EBTCM, so the speedo is on and off right now.  Plan to fix that next.  My question is this:  Although the engine redlines at 6,500 rpm, my Catera's engine will not rev any higher than 5,000 rpm.  The engine runs fine, no hesitation.  It just won't spin any higher than 5,000 rpm.  Any idea why?  Is this a symptom of the EBTCM issue?
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic