34841RE: Re: headlights

  • cateraowners
    Nov 15, 2013

      Hello folks...there are vendors on eBay Germany selling the correct headlamps for around $200 a pair US shipped for the 97-99 Cateras...available in Chrome or Blackout reflectors...the Omega B headlamps match some years of the Catera, be sure you have the correct part number for your vehicle and verify the interchangeability prior to ordering.  There are also Omega headlamps for the newer cars available from the UK and Europe on eBay UK and eBay Germany much less expensively, and they will ship to the USA.  Other members have ordered these in the past with success...check the message archives.

      http://www.ebay.com/itm/Headlights-For-Opel-Omega-B-Clear-Glass-Tuning-Chrome-New-/380743501699

      ---In CateraOwners@yahoogroups.com, wrote:

      my left is a disaster the right is fogged any solution is helpful
      --- In CateraOwners@yahoogroups.com, wrote:
      >97 capurchased a pair of headlight assemblies online from gmpartsdirect.com. They shipped yesterday, so haven't received them yet. They were pricey, over $400. apiece.
      >

      > ---In cateraowners@yahoogroups.com, wrote:
      >
      > Does anyone have a good headlight solution for a 1997 model except $356
      > (times 2) for new ones? Mine have cloudy lenses and broken adjustors.
      >
      > I'm working on the cloudy with some polish and rubbing compound. For
      > the broken adjustors, I've just stuffed a piece of (fire resistant I
      > think) foam in for now to keep them from 'floating' around, but would
      > like a better long term solution. The aim isn't so hot, but at least
      > I'm not illuminating the tops of trees anymore.
      >
      > My dealer says there is no campaign to fix this, and I've used up my
      > 'one goodwill' repair on a head gasket. Does anyone think we have some
      > other choices for recourse?
      >
      > I've checked with Hella on aftermarket availability. (the lights are in
      > their online catalog) I have an e-mail that basically says lights are
      > out of stock and no longer being manufactured. (I find this interesting
      > and still have some ongoing research to do here)
      >
      > If anyone has a broken set of lights they would let me 'play' with, I'd
      > really appreciate it.

    • Show all 44 messages in this topic