34836Re: [CateraOwners] Update on my CAT

  • Richard Surckla
    Nov 7, 2013
      What color and year is your CAT ? Why don't you post a pic.  I'll do the same with the one 1999 I bought for 500.00.  She's black with black leather interior all the bells and whistles.  already had chrome wheels...they polished up really nice.  Some minor rust around rear wheel wells. I made some minor repairs. two new rotors in front and pads all the way around.  Do yourself a favor now and put some anti-seize on front door stops/straps.  Not the hinges but the part in the middle.  You will save yourself a real hassle of a repair it is a known technical service problem but isn't covered under warrenty anymore.  12.00 part 200.00 aggravation.  I also have problem with phantom sunroof open. .........Rick

      On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 7:51 PM, <rustyyb703@...> wrote:

      Its been over 3000 miles since i've replaced the head gaskets and she is still running like a champ. 110,789 miles on her. I am going to take the advice of the group moderator and replace lower control arms and probably struts too. Since the repair and almost 3000 miles to the tee... the radiator developed a crack in the side tank. So that has now been replaced I did it myself and got the radiator for 90.00$ she runs cooler.

           Other than the sunroof doing some phantom openings and the car feeling like it follows the road because of the control arm bushings i'm still happy with my CAT. Heres a recap of all the work I've done myself to this car in the last year since I purchased it for 400.00$.

      head gaskets, timing belt, water pump, thermostat, spark plugs and wire set, serpentine belt, trans fluid and filter, all new brakes and rotors front and back, both front wheel bearings, four new tires, new battery, right rear window regulator, replaced cast aluminium rims with chrome (pull a part...16.00$ a rim) misc chrome and body pieces and the third brake light and rear light panel all courtesy of pull a part as well and the radiator for now..... :)

      I have thought about selling but love driving her.............Russ

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic