34835Update on my CAT

  • rustyyb703
    Nov 6, 2013

      Its been over 3000 miles since i've replaced the head gaskets and she is still running like a champ. 110,789 miles on her. I am going to take the advice of the group moderator and replace lower control arms and probably struts too. Since the repair and almost 3000 miles to the tee... the radiator developed a crack in the side tank. So that has now been replaced I did it myself and got the radiator for 90.00$ she runs cooler.

           Other than the sunroof doing some phantom openings and the car feeling like it follows the road because of the control arm bushings i'm still happy with my CAT. Heres a recap of all the work I've done myself to this car in the last year since I purchased it for 400.00$.

      head gaskets, timing belt, water pump, thermostat, spark plugs and wire set, serpentine belt, trans fluid and filter, all new brakes and rotors front and back, both front wheel bearings, four new tires, new battery, right rear window regulator, replaced cast aluminium rims with chrome (pull a part...16.00$ a rim) misc chrome and body pieces and the third brake light and rear light panel all courtesy of pull a part as well and the radiator for now..... :)

      I have thought about selling but love driving her.............Russ

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic