Good Morning!

  • Alice Anderson
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 1, 2006
      Hi sunshines,

      Hope everyone is loving this first day of February. Are you thinking about
      Valentine's Day yet? What you'll get your sweetie? How to make the day
      extra special? I've asked the authors to share their romance tips and I'll
      be posting those throughout the month. But I'd love to hear your tips as
      well. How do you make time for romance?

      The Avalon Romance authors will be here today and tomorrow so be sure to
      "visit" with them.

      Ally
    • Alice Anderson
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 1, 2006
        Sierra Donovan lives in the High Desert of Southern California with her
        husband Charlie, who is a disc jockey and musician, and their two children.
        Before they were married, she wrote short horror stories as Holly Thomas,
        but with motherhood, her sentimental nature came into the foreground. Films
        like Murphy's Romance, Return to Me, and Casablanca made her misty-eyed.
        What followed was inevitable: She became a romance writer. Her first novel
        for Avalon Books, LOVE ON THE AIR, was a finalist for the 2005 HOLT
        Medallion. News on her second novel is soon to come!

        Sierra Donovan
        LOVE ON THE AIR, Avalon Books, October 2004 ISBN 0-8034-9674-5
        http://www.sierradonovan.com
      • Sierra Donovan
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 1, 2006
          Wow! I'm late to the party! (big wave to all)

          A little more info on Avalon Books, for those who haven't heard much
          about them: They publish beautiful hardcovers, including historical
          and contemporary romances, as well as mysteries and westerns. They
          specialize in stories that are "wholesome" -- no overt sex or
          profanity. Avalon primarily caters to libraries, though our books are
          readily available at Amazon.com. And if they're not on the shelf at
          Barnes & Noble, they can order them!

          My first book for them, LOVE ON THE AIR, is a romance set at a radio
          station. (Not the same station as Holly's ... but I figure they
          broadcast to different areas, so they're not in direct competition!
          <VBG>)

          And I just got word last week that my second novel, MEG'S CONFESSION,
          will be a February 2007 Avalon release.

          (grabbing a handful of pretzels and catching my breath) That's for
          starters. I'm late, but I'm ready for any questions!

          Sierra Donovan
          LOVE ON THE AIR, Avalon Books, October 2004
          MEG'S CONFESSION, Avalon Books, February 2007
          http://www.sierradonovan.com

          --- In Cata-Readers@yahoogroups.com, "Alice Anderson" <alice@...> wrote:

          > Sierra Donovan lives in the High Desert of Southern California with her
          > husband Charlie, who is a disc jockey and musician, and their two
          children.
          > Before they were married, she wrote short horror stories as Holly
          Thomas,
          > but with motherhood, her sentimental nature came into the
          foreground. Films
          > like Murphy's Romance, Return to Me, and Casablanca made her misty-eyed.
          > What followed was inevitable: She became a romance writer. Her
          first novel
          > for Avalon Books, LOVE ON THE AIR, was a finalist for the 2005 HOLT
          > Medallion. News on her second novel is soon to come!
          >
          > Sierra Donovan
          > LOVE ON THE AIR, Avalon Books, October 2004 ISBN 0-8034-9674-5
          > http://www.sierradonovan.com

        • Alice Anderson
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 1, 2006
            LOL, sounds like they really like Radio stories there. Which is great, b/c I
            love them! So, if my local library doesn't have a copy of your book, can
            they order it? Do you guys have library order forms available on your site?
            I'm sure there are lots of readers in my area who would enjoy them.

            Ally
          • Sierra Donovan
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 1, 2006
              --- In Cata-Readers@yahoogroups.com, "Alice Anderson" <alice@...> wrote:

              > LOL, sounds like they really like Radio stories there. Which is
              great, b/c I
              > love them! So, if my local library doesn't have a copy of your
              book, can
              > they order it? Do you guys have library order forms available on
              your site?
              > I'm sure there are lots of readers in my area who would enjoy them.
              >
              > Ally

              Ally, what a cool idea! I never thought of library order forms ...
              I'll have to check into that.

              And yes, Avalon does seem fond of radio stories! Another one is
              SOMEBODY TO LOVE by Roni Denholz. It was published in 2003.

              Sierra
            • Alice Anderson
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 1, 2006
                Here's a copy of one one of my customers had me create for her website.
                Simple, easily printed, has the necessary info that the library would need
                to order it.

                http://daleketcham.com/fmlibraryform.pdf

                Ally
              • holly@hollysbooks.com
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 1, 2006
                  Sierra,

                  YAY on the new book next February! What's it about?

                  Holly--your radio buddy!

                  HollyJacobs.com
                  ONCE UPON A PRINCESS, Large Print, 1/06
                  ONCE UPON A PRINCE, Large Print, 4/06
                  NIGHT CALLS, 4/06
                  CONFESSIONS OF A PARTY CRASHER, 6/06
                  HERE WITH ME, 7/06
                  DASHING THRU THE MALL Anthology, "Deck the Halls," 11/06

                • holly@hollysbooks.com

                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 1, 2006
                      --- In Cata-Readers@yahoogroups.com, holly@... wrote:
                      > Sierra,
                      >
                      > YAY on the new book next February! What's it about?
                      >
                      > Holly--your radio buddy!

                      Way-ellll ... since you asked, here's a little about MEG'S CONFESSION:

                      Meg Reilly is a pregnant widow who ducks into a confessional to spill
                      her deepest, darkests secrets -- not knowing that the man on the other
                      side of the confessional is NOT a priest.

                      He's Craig Stovall, owner of a local construction business, who's
                      there to repair the confessional. When Meg starts talking, he's too
                      surprised and tongue-tied to stop her until he hears too much. So
                      instead, he does his best to come up with some priestly advice.

                      When they meet later, he recognizes her from the glimpse he caught as
                      she left, but she has no idea he's her "priest." Against his better
                      judgment, he's drawn to Meg and her predicament....

                      I had a lot of fun writing this one!

                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 1, 2006
                          Sierra -- Meg's Confession sounds like lots of fun.

                          All -- I'm another Avalon author, although I haven't had any books out in a
                          while. I took a writing hiatus to deal with family things. Now, I'm back
                          busy at work on a Chick-lit-like comedy, tentatively titled Candy Kisses.

                          Jean
                          www.JeanCGordon.com
                          MANDY AND THE MAYOR
                          LOVE UNDERCOVER
                          BACHELOR FATHER -- All available from Avalon Books

                        • smeierwriter@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 14 , Feb 1, 2006
                            In a message dated 2/1/2006 7:28:49 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                            sierra_donovan@... writes:

                            He's Craig Stovall, owner of a local construction business, who's
                            there to repair the confessional. When Meg starts talking, he's too
                            surprised and tongue-tied to stop her until he hears too much. So
                            instead, he does his best to come up with some priestly advice.

                            When they meet later, he recognizes her from the glimpse he caught as
                            she left, but she has no idea he's her "priest." Against his better
                            judgment, he's drawn to Meg and her predicament....

                            I had a lot of fun writing this one!

                            Sierra Donovan
                            LOVE ON THE AIR, Avalon Books, October 2004
                            MEG'S CONFESSION, Avalon Books, February 2007
                            _http://www.sierradonovan.com_ (http://www.sierradonovan.com)

                            This is just TOO cute! Priestly advice? I have a feeling we'll all be
                            laughing at this one!

                            susan meier
                            Snowbound Baby, Sil Romance,
                            November 2005
                            Wishing and Hoping, Sil Romance, June 2006
                            One Man and a Baby, Sil Romance July 2006
                            With This Kiss, Sil Romance August 2006

                          • holly@hollysbooks.com
                            Message 13 of 14 , Feb 2, 2006
                              Hi, Jean!

                              Glad you're back at writing!

                              Holly

                              ONCE UPON A PRINCESS, large print, 1/06
                              ONCE UPON A PRINCE, large print, 4/06
                              NIGHT CALLS, Avalon, 4/06
                              CONFESSIONS OF A PARTY CRASHER, Har. Signature, 6/06
                              HERE WITH ME, Silhouette Romance, 7/06
                              "Deck the Halls," DASHING THROUGH THE MALL Anthology, 11/06