Are you in a book?

  • Alice Anderson
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 3, 2006
      Have you ever seen a character in a book with your name? First name, last
      name, or both?

      Ally
    • Alice Anderson
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 4, 2006
        I'm searching for one in my area, thinking of starting one. If nothing else,
        I'd love to get together with readers in the Atlanta area.

        Are you in a local readers group? What are you reading right now?

        Here's a great article on how to start one by Stephanie Bond:
        http://stephaniebond.com/reading_group_guides.htm

        CataRomance.com ~ Home of Happy Endings
        Community for Readers who love category romance!
        Sign up for our FREE newsletter!
      • savvybookreader
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 24, 2006
          <<Have you ever seen a character in a book with your name? First name,
          last name, or both>>

          I have never been Ally but I would really love to be a character in a
          book.

          Mahaira
        • Beth Cornelison
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 25, 2006
            Many years ago, I found a book (Maybe a Harlequin Romance?) that was part of
            a mini-series called "The Brubaker Brides". Brubaker is my maiden name and
            I have two sisters so I thought it was kinda neat. I saved that book just
            for the novelty of it. And of course in about 1982, there was a movie called
            Brubaker with Robert Redford (About a prison warden or some such) Haven't
            ever seen a Beth Cornelison in a book though. <G>
            At the Heart Of Dixie Readers luncheon coming up the first weekend of May
            they are having a raffle where authors agree to put the winners name in an
            upcoming book. I've volunteered to name a character after one of the raffle
            winners. Sounds like fun!
            Beth Cornelison- bcornelison@...
            IN PROTECTIVE CUSTODY- June 2006 from Silhouette Intimate Moments
            CHASING A DREAM- Five Star Expressions- September 2006
            TO LOVE, HONOR AND DEFEND- April 2005
            www.bethcornelison.com www.intimatemomentsauthors.com
          • smeierwriter@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 25, 2006
              Isn't there a Susan Meier on Desperate Housewives? Not a book but fairly
              interesting!

              susan meier
              Snowbound Baby, Sil Romance,
              November 2005
              Wishing and Hoping, Sil Romance, June 2006
              One Man and a Baby, Sil Romance July 2006
              With This Kiss, Sil Romance August 2006