Janet Evanovich radio interview

  • Alice Anderson
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 1, 2005
      I was just listening to a fun radio show that comes on on Sundays on NPR.
      And one of their games includes an interview with Janet Evanovich. I thought
      some of you might be interested in listening.

      Go to http://www.npr.org/programs/waitwait/thisweek.html and click on listen
      to this weeks show for the whole show or(in the red box on the left.) Scroll
      down to Round Two and click on Listen next to Not My Job.

      Ally
    • Alice Anderson
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 2, 2005
        I'm looking for mini series recommendations for this month's newsletter. Do
        you have one? Let us know. :)

        Ally
      • Donna
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 2, 2005
          You know my Superromance favorite, The Pilgrim Cove series by Linda Barrett. Starts with THE HOUSE ON THE BEACH and ended in July with THE DAUGHTER HE NEVER KNEW.

          Donna
          I'm looking for mini series recommendations for this month's newsletter. Do
          you have one? Let us know. :)

          Ally

          Visit CataRomance.com today! http://www.cataromance.com

          Creative writing school Creative writing software Creative writing workshop

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 2, 2005
            Linda Conrad has a new mini series called The Gypsy Legacy. How about that
            one?? There is also one out by Karen Kendall that looks to be pretty good.

            DEbby

          • Alice Anderson
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 2, 2005
              I've got Linda's series on there. What's the series from Karen Kendall.

              Speaking of series, it could be a single title series. Do any of you read
              single titles?

            • Donna
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 2, 2005
                I love single titles. I don't know if you call it a series but the same characters are in both of Barbara Plum's books, PRINCE OF FROGS Sept. 2004 and QUEEN OF THE UNIVERSE Sept 2005. It is cool the way she worked it. The primary couple for the first book becomes the secondary couple in the second book and the secondary couple for the first book becomes the primary couple for the second book!

                Donna

              • Debby236@aol.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 2, 2005
                  In a message dated 8/2/2005 12:06:50 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                  alice@... writes:

                  What's the series from Karen Kendall.

                  Hers is called The Man Handlers. It is from Blaze. Do you also have Holly
                  Jacobs Royalty Mini Series and there is one called Shakespeare Continuity.

                  Debby

                • Alice Anderson
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 8, 2005
                    I don't know if you guys have visited the site lately, but we've got a new
                    look and the forums are back up and running. So, stop by today and say
                    hello to Shirley Jump who's in the hot seat this week. Have a question for
                    her? Don't hesitate to ask. Here's the direct link:

                    http://www.cataromance.com/html/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=416

                    Ally
                  • Alice Anderson
                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 9, 2005
                      As I said yesterday, Shirley Jump is chatting with us in the message board:
                      Hot Seat. Please stop by today and show your support. Here's a little info
                      about the TWO books Shirley has out this month.

                      She says " The first book, THE ANGEL CRAVED LOBSTER, is the third in my
                      romances with recipe series. Like the others, it has 30+ recipes, this time
                      for seafood dishes (some of my favorites -- all tried in my kitchen, too.

                      About the book: Meredith Shordon has spent her entire life surrounded by
                      corn and cows in Heavendale, Indiana. Now the Boston-bound girl is ready to
                      ditch her homegrown roots for some big-city flash. Out with the apple
                      fritters, in with the seafood linguine! But exotic food isn't the only new
                      experience Meredith craves. She's ready for an education of the passionate
                      kind, and for that, she needs a man who can show her all the flavors she's
                      been missing--a worldly, no-strings-attached hunk who can really cook up a
                      storm...so to speak. A man like Travis Campbell.

                      Party animal Travis has just decided to grow up. No more bars, no more
                      parties, no more slaps in the face from scorned "dates" whose first names
                      were as forgettable as his nights. Travis Campbell is now a man who will not
                      be tempted. No more women. Period. Unless the offer is too good to pass up.

                      Meredith finally has her challenge: Tempting Travis will force her to shed
                      that Miss Holstein good-girl image and channel her inner sexy siren. but
                      getting a taste of what she craves and Travis needs just might leave them
                      both hungry for more..."

                      Her other book is a Silhouette Romance, the last in her series. Shirley
                      says " Jenny Wright will do anything to encourage her third-grade students
                      to read, including kiss a three-hundred pound pot-bellied pig. However, the
                      principal at Mercy Elementary, Dr. Margaret Davis, isn't too happy with
                      Jenny's incentives, causing the two to butt heads on a daily basis.

                      When the school's state test scores come back dangerously low, putting Mercy
                      Elementary on probation and in danger of losing its accreditation, Dr. Davis
                      is willing to listen to Jenny's unconventional methods and help her secure a
                      grant for much-needed classroom supplies -- if she'll play by the
                      principal's rules.

                      Which means bringing in Nate Dole, a former Marine who is back home in
                      Mercy. While fighting in Afghanistan, he was shot in the knee, permanently
                      injuring him and effectively ending his military career. Now, he has become
                      a man at loose ends, depressed that his dream was stolen from him. He's in
                      the middle of a damned fine pity party until he's sent to Jenny's classroom.

                      Nate finds third-graders harder to outsmart than any enemy he faced. At the
                      end of the first day, he admits to having fun with the students...but their
                      teacher has stirred up feelings he can't ignore.

                      Factor in the well-meaning Buttinskis from the previous Mercy books (THE
                      VIRGIN'S PROPOSAL, THE BACHELOR'S DARE, THE DADDY'S PROMISE, KISSED BY CAT)
                      and a classroom of third graders that fancy themselves mini-matchmakers and
                      you have a recipe for disaster...or love.

                      I had a great time wrapping up the Mercy series and after all was said and
                      done, realized how much I'm going to miss that little fictional town."

                      Here's the link to come over and chat. http://tinyurl.com/7cl73 Please
                      stop by and support this wonderful author.

                      Ally