Re:DT: Reading Outside of Romance

  • ELAINE OTDM CHARTON
    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 30, 2010
      I tend to read mysteries as well. I LOVE Cleo Coyle's Series.  I picked one up for my husband because it was set in NYC, this is where he grew up.  He's hooked on the series as well as I am. We fight for them.

      Elaine Charton
      www.elainecharton.com
      available now www.amazon.com and www.swimmingkangaroo.com
      Pandora's Justice EZ Lovin'-Mac's Man

    • Celia Jade
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 2, 2010
        I enjoy espionage and chick lit. Daniel Silva is prime for espionage and Sophie Kinsella is my fav for chick lit.

        :-)

        Celia Jade

      • Michelle Lauren
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 2, 2010
          I second the love of chick lit. My favorite authors are Kyra Davis and Wendy Markham. Outside of romance, I enjoy romantic comedy. Jenny Crusie is always a winner. Her books (along with the fantabulous Valerie Frankel's works) are some of the few that can literally make me laugh out loud. Not only laugh, but laugh until I cry.

          I'm also a big fan of mysteries and romantic suspense. I am a HUGE Arthur Conan Doyle fan, and I've read all but a few of his Sherlock Holmes stories. I also really enjoy Agatha Christie's Miss Marple stories. I like her Hercule Poirot characters as well, but I usually listen to the audio books of those -- and I ALWAYS watch them on PBS Mystery.

          Lately, I've been reading a lot of books outside of the romance genre. But those still include a healthy amount of romance, so I guess it's just semantics. **grin**

          Hugs!

          Michelle  ~http://twitter.com/MichelleL_Books
          STARSTRUCK HUNTER (SF/F), Available on Amazon Kindle for PC
          TEMPTATION EVE (Paranormal), Available at Cobblestone Press

        • Donna Zapf
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 3, 2010
            Welcome Caridad!!