File - List Rules

  • CataNetwork-Readers@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2006
      Cata Network Discussion Loop Rules

      Below you'll find our rules for being a member of this list. They're
      not hard and they make sure that we maintain a warm and safe environment.

      1) Do not set yourself to no mail. Doing so is grounds for
      unsubscription. If you don't want to receive mail from the list set
      yourself to Special Notices. We must be able to contact you via
      special notices. We don't send out special notices often, but when we
      do, we need to know you'll get them. This also helps us ensure that
      you're reading and participating in the group, not being malicious in
      any way. Participate. We want to hear from you. We want to know
      what you're thinking. We want know what's going on in your life, what
      you're reading or writing.

      2) No flaming. Discussion and debate are welcomed. Personal attacks
      aren't and they won't be allowed. If you feel the need to have a
      heated debate, do so privately. Take it off list. Failure to comply
      will result in your being moderated or banned from the group. Play
      nice. Be positive. Leave your 'baggage' at the door.

      3) One line replys, thank yours, congrats, welcomes and other such
      posts should be done privately. This keeps traffic on the list to a
      minimum. We don't want to discourage conversation, but we don't want
      people to be overloaded with email either.

      4) Trim your posts. This makes your email easier to read. Check out
      these tips for email etiquette: http://email.about.com/od/emailnetiquette/

      4) This is a PROMO FREE ZONE. No drive by promo. Don't drop by just
      to promote yourself, your service, your website, or book. Again,
      failure to comply will result in your being moderated or banned from
      the group. The exception to this is a) if someone asks you about your
      book, service, self, b) it's your author day c) it's your publisher's
      day d) you're asked by one of the moderators to discuss your book,
      service, self.

      ***As an author you are welcome to have a modest signature (please
      check out these tips on signature netiquette:
      http://email.about.com/od/emailsignaturenetiquette/ ) that promotes
      your current release, contest, etc.

      ***You're welcome to list your releases in our yahoogroups database.
      Simply click the appropriate month and list your book.

      ***You're welcome to add a link to your website to our Links directory
      at yahoo groups. Click the folder that your link should appear. IE,
      Last name Anderson would go under the A - F folder.

      ***You're welcome to post your news, announcements, contests, press
      releases, etc. at our partner's site: www.book-bee.com . This is a
      free service for the entire book industry to use.

      Promotion is now done on Book-Bee.com or by a paid promotional option.
      Please follow all sites rules.

      Authors may sign up to be a Hostess for a day. Promotion is allowed
      by that author on that day. This is a free promotional offer. Check
      out the Files section of the yahoogroup for the .pdf on how to have an
      author day. Or contact Heather, our Events Coordinator. Publisher's
      may also set up Publisher Days, just like author days, except the
      Publisher & staff and multiple authors are welcome to attend. Email
      Heather at: Heather@...

      This isn't really a rule so much as something to live by. Have fun.
      Participate. Develop relationships, network. Invite your friends,
      family, editor, publisher. Get involved and enjoy.

      Update: May 12, 2006
    • Marg Handy-Williams
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2006
        Dear Cata Network,

        That's a good idea, your suggestion to take me off the list and set myself
        up for Special Notices instead, this way, like you said I can hop in from
        time to time.

        Thank you,

        Margaret Handy-Williams

[...]

        Visit CataRomance.com today! http://www.cataromance.com