Re: [CatVet] cat - improper urination

  • Durham Velevet
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2004
      Please just send me one e-mail per day. Thank you very much.

      baileynzoey2 <btmeiser@...> wrote:My 7 yr old female (spayed)Tonkinese cat has begun to urinate on my
      bed from time to time. There had not been any incidents for 4 months
      and now all of a sudden there has been 4 incidents in 2 weeks. My
      vet tested her urine and it is fine. The vet prescribed Amitriptyline
      5 mg a day (she is only 6.5 lb) and he believes that this is
      behavioral.

      I have just started the prescription and would like to hear some
      success stories as I am very afraid that this will not work and I will
      have to take desperate measures. So far (3-days worth) there is no
      change in personality at all. She is not lethargic or more hyper than
      usual.

      We have only one other cat (her littermate) and no children or other
      pets in the house.

      Please respond asap.
      Thanks!
      Zoey

      Pray for Peace.

      Please limit postings to Questions on Cat Health and Veterinary Issues and Answers to those Questions.

      To receive only ONE EMAIL PER DAY from this group , send an email to:
      CatVet-digest@yahoogroups.com

      To receive NO MORE EMAIL from this group, send an email to:
      CatVet-nomail@yahoogroups.com

      Please note: Advice is given free of charge by people with varying levels of expertise. It is up to you as a cat owner to assess whether any advice given to you is appropriate. If you are in any doubt, you should consult a veterinarian.

      Velevet Durham

    • CatWoman
      Message 2 of 7 , May 1, 2004
        Your settings were to get individual e-mail, which means that
        the list will send each posting as it happens.

        I've now changed your setting to get a daily digest - am ccing
        you on this response because you will get some more individual
        messages, and then the digest.

        May I also suggest that you join the CatsVet list - it's a
        more closely monitored list than this one, so you will not
        have to worry about off-topic posts.

        and then can set your subscription here to no mail, or even
        unsub from CatVet.

        dg
      • ohemmanuel
        Message 3 of 7 , May 2, 2004
          You can join it at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CatsVet/,
          > and then can set your subscription here to no mail, or even
          > unsub from CatVet.
          >
          > dg

          Isn't it Off Topic to encourage people to subscribe to another
          group? And isn't it odd to have a Moderator of the group encouraging
          people to unsubscribe from the group?? And as an aside, you need
          permission from the original poster to cross post from one group to
          another. The original post is the intellectual property of the
          poster.

          Jasper
        • CatWoman
          Message 4 of 7 , May 2, 2004
            ohemmanuel wrote:
            > Isn't it Off Topic to encourage people to subscribe to another
            > group? And isn't it odd to have a Moderator of the group encouraging
            > people to unsubscribe from the group?? And as an aside, you need
            > permission from the original poster to cross post from one group to
            > another. The original post is the intellectual property of the
            > poster.

            Possibly you would like to try to obtain the permission of
            the owner to actually be able to moderate this group?

            Both Linda and I have made it clear, if you read the messages
            of the past month, that we have created the new group, and are
            working on moving to that group.

            dg
          • Linda
            Message 5 of 7 , May 2, 2004
              You do not need permission to cross post messages! The exception
              being a group that specifies otherwise i.e. a DNA group. Geeze rescue
              would be in deep doo doo if cross posting wasn't widely practiced.
              Linda