Re: [CatVet] Managing Urinary Tract Problems

  • imacline6@webtv.com
    Message 1 of 20 , Aug 1, 2003
      Elaine,
      What kind of crystals?? This kind of thing usually responds to
      dietary management, but you need to know what type of crystal you are
      dealing with. Struvite takes the exact opposite of calcium oxalate, and
      urates are different again. Ask your Vet what the crystals are made
      of,and what the target urinary Ph should be.
      Good luck,
      Margo
    • eraisch
      Message 2 of 20 , Aug 3, 2003
        Sorry I haven't been replying to everyone who was being so
        helpful - it was finals week, and I was too busy trying to keep my
        head from bursting. ;) It's still very touch-and-go for Samson and
        his URI, but I've had some success getting him to eat his watery
        food with some of the suggestions already made! Thank you all so
        much, and keep your fingers crossed for us! =)

        -Elaine-