skin condition

  • kerry113
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2002
      Hello everyone. I was hoping that someone might be able to help me
      out with a skin problem that my 2 yr-old short-haired cat has been
      experiencing. Starting sometime around last Christmas, a bald spot
      seemed to pop up over night on Nina's nose. It seemed only to have
      been something she had scratched off. I didn't start to worry about
      until months went by and it was getting worse. I brought her to my
      vet who suspected ringworm and took a piece to test it. It did not,
      however, test positive. Well, to make a long story short, we tried a
      fungicide, didn't work. Tried cortisone, which seems to have made it
      a bit better, but not all the way. I worry because the vet told me
      that perhaps a biopsy might be necessary. Anyone have a clue what
      this could be? As I said, it's like a bald spot, though I almost
      never see her scratching it. She's never been outdoors and I have no
      other animals. Thanks for reading!
    • Rexclusive Cattery
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2002
        My cat went through this but it was on his side. everytime it seemed like it was clearing up it flared up again. The tests finally came back insect bite. He must have had an allergic reaction to a bite and his immune system was attacking it not allowing it to heal. We ended up cutting out the bad part and sewing the good parts of the skin together after many months that was the only thing that cured it.
        I do not know what will happen as yours is on the face.

        Hayley
[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Pray for Peace.

        Please limit postings to Questions on Cat Health and Veterinary Issues and Answers to those Questions.

        To receive only ONE EMAIL PER DAY from this group , send an email to:
        CatVet-digest@yahoogroups.com

        To receive NO MORE EMAIL from this group, send an email to:
        CatVet-nomail@yahoogroups.com

        Please note: Advice is given free of charge by people with varying levels of expertise. It is up to you as a cat owner to assess whether any advice given to you is appropriate. If you are in any doubt, you should consult a veterinarian.