RE: Update on Whisper (Peeing on Carpet and Couch)

  • alorayne
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 2013
      Hi Lorraine, What meds did your vet suggest for this problem?  I have a behavioral problem with peeing too and we may be headed in the direction of meds.   Amy --- In catvet@yahoogroups.com, <magicquest1@...> wrote: Thanks to everyone for your suggestions.

      I did take Whisper to the vet but he could not get a urine sample to test. She hasn't straining or spending lots of time in the cat box so I didn't feel it was a UTI. The vet feels that it is more behavioral. So far I have gotten a new cat box which I added Cat Attract to. One of the cats has been using it. The calming collar seems to have helped. I cleaned the couch with Kids and Pets and covered it with a flannel backed vinyl tablecloth. I have been combing her daily and petting her often. She is eating well and using the litter box. She is feed only canned food. Hopefully, there won't be more accidents. The vet did mention there was meds I could use if she continued the peeing behavior.

      Thanks again,

      Lorraine