unusual fecal discharge

  • rumble03855
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2010
      i have two tortie sister kitties about a year and a half old.
      one is fat and the other skinny (she was the runt).

      the last 2 days i've been finding a little half eaten food vomit (dry food). it doesn't appear to be very wet or in a clear liquid, and one of them has been having a funny discharge in the litter box. sort of clear and gelatinous and sour smelling.

      i see normal looking bm's in there too, presumably from the other cat, which leads me to suspect that they are both not sick, and both of their behavior seems normal, eating, playing, etc.

      i haven't been able to determine which one is doing it, but my neighbor suggested that this could be a hairball (but i haven't heard any vomiting noises).

      does this sound plausible?

      thanks