Re: [CatVet] Re: new to group, have a question regarding feeding IBS cat & cat prone to UTI block

  • donna scroggs
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2010
      For Yarrow I use leaves of it and steep like a tea and add 1 Tablespoon to the drinking water to help with the bladder and kidneys , I do this every other day for a week.
      Yarrow will also stop blood from in the urine if there is any signs of it.

      http://www.happytailsrescue.com/Tinctures.html
      Read here about different herbal tinctures.
      Best to ask a herbal vet about dosages if you don't know how much to give.
      I am a vet tech and Cherokee so I tinker around with different herbs also as my fore- fathers did.
      Donna ACS

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 6, 2010
        Any cat that is given dry food is susceptible to disease...cats are carnivores..the best food for a cat is a mouse..but since we don't have canned mouse...lol....dry food contains carbohydrates...which cats can't digest their systems are made for t hat...
        there are many types of cat food out their...wet cat food...expensive and then the store bought...and you can cook for them...chicken, turkey...but they have to have taurine for their eyes..
        There are manyweb site out there for information on this problem...catchatradio.com is one of them...and there are many natural vets out there too that can give advice...
        Blue buffalo is one of the better brands..but once again...don't give your cat dry food....blue has a wet food too that is good...
        It took awhile to get my cats...5 of them..off dry..one of the cats, she is a year and a half...does't like wet...she likes what we call kitty crack..dry food...the cereal industry started this...and puts some kind of enticing covering on the dry to get them to eat it..i found a very informative book called the cat bible by tracie hotchner that is very helpful when you have kitties..
        check it out
        Martha (Wingsafar)