Re: Ciliac or however you spell it.

  • burger_bunker
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2008
      If he were my cat, for my own piece of mind, I'd have him to the
      vet's today.

      Holly

      --- In CatVet@yahoogroups.com, "Laura" <hitchinlo@...> wrote:

      > Hi all...newbie here from Mo.
      > You've probably talked about this a million times. I found all the
      > symptoms but does (now I probably spelt it wrong)Ciliac just appear
      > over night. I mean one night he looked fine and then the next his
      > bottom lip is swollen. I don't see no blisters inside yet. But he is
      > very sick. Sneezing, hot and drooling. We have an appointment
      tomorrow
      > at the Vet. Just was surprised to see a swollen bottom lip. It might
      > not even be Ciliac.
      > Laura

    • Susan Head
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2, 2008
        It may be an indolent ulcer (part of eosinophilic granuloma complex)
        that occurs in cats with an allergy (most commonly to fleas, but can be
        other environmental allergens). Treatment includes treating the
        underlying cause (very strict comprehensive flea control, limiting
        exposure to other allergens, etc) and calming the immune system's
        reaction (usually using anti-inflammatory glucocorticoids AKA steroids
        unless heart disease or a heart murmur is present or the cat is
        diabetic...then steroids are not a good idea).