Re: Kitten questions regarding vaccinations

  • lovingdoniam
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 2, 2005
      Thank you for your reply! Did any of the kittens have any adverse
      reactions to the shots?

      > 6 weeks for the last two litters I had. The first set
      > were brought home at 5 weeks without mom, but to a house
      > of fully vaccinated cats - and two FeLV+ cats in a back
      > room, so they got vaccinated probably earlier than was
      > good.
      >
      > The last ones had mom, so we did their first ones at 6
      > weeks (when I got them), but we made sure Mom was up to
      > date (and tested).
      >
      > dg
    • CatWoman
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 3, 2005

        (I wrote:)
        >>6 weeks for the last two litters I had.

        Knock wood, cross paws, sacrifice mice to Bast - no. I've
        had a few cats get injection site inflammation over the years,
        one between his shoulder blades in reaction to a B12 shot, but
        only one has had a serious reaction - Biscuit, back in 1984 or
        85, the very first available FeLV vaccine, she started throwing
        up and just kept gagging and throwing up. Fortunately, the
        vet was there and gave her an anti-nausea and something else
        and she stopped. She gave her brother Muff the other two
        things first so we don't know if he would have had a reaction.

        By the next year, the formula had changed, and nobody's had
        any reaction other than lethargy, and that was when I was still
        getting all vaccines at once. No more on that...

        I did have one cat with a fibrosarcoma - the above-mentioned
        Muffin - but it was on his tail, and was a 'real' one, not a
        VAS.

        dg