      From: "Candle silverstreams@... [CatVet]" <CatVet@yahoogroups.com>
      To: "CatVet@yahoogroups.com" <CatVet@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, July 20, 2014 8:02 AM
      Subject: Re: [CatVet] Blue Wilderness indoor

      We have two male cats who have been neutered with no problems so far. We used to feed Hills Science Diet. Now we feed Blue Buffalo Wilderness Formula (dry and canned) to the cats. We don't mind spending the extra money for the cats, but we have been worried about the foot and treat recalls. So we decided to add other homemade dishes to their foods as well.

      What that means is that we will still use the canned food because I worry that we will not get all the correct vitamins that they need, but we are adding other meats as well. This week, we cooked a turkey. I am going to use the food processor to grind up some of the meat and giblets into a paste. I'll add water and then we will freeze the food and give it to the cats as a "snack" during the day as well.

      We won't add any grains. I'm going to do more research to see if there are things that I should add that will be good for the cats.

      Candle
      "Scars remind of us where we’ve been, they don’t have to dictate where we are going." ~David Rossi of Criminal Minds