30706cat with hemorrhoides

  • beckywhaleytn
    Jun 12, 2014
      This is a first in all the cats I've had in the past 40 years.  I have a 10 year old tom cat with a protruding anal area.  It's definitely the flesh around his anal opening and not his penis, not testicles, nor where he pees.  It's rather red flesh in a ring around his anal opening but it doesn't seem to bother him.  I see him cleaning that area but not excessively, no scooting to scratch his bottom, no bloody stools that I have seen.  He's eating his usual amount of dry cat food.

      Do cats get hemorrhoids, is this a distended anus, or what?  A trip to the vet is out because of no extra money.  I feed Purina Complete dry cat food in the navy bag.  Would switching to a different food for him help?  Should I catch him and try to put some Preparation H on it?  Since he's not been wormed this winter, should I put on the flea drops and also worm him?  Or should I just leave it alone but keep a watch on it?
              Becky and Puffernusse
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic