30703Re: Blue Wilderness indoor

  • t2000kwt
    Jun 11, 2014
      We've had problems in the past. I have been told that it has to do with ash content and perhaps the amount of a mineral (magnesium) in the food, and also pH comes into play.

      Your well-advertised foods (Iams, Purina Pro, Science Diet) may have some urinary tract formula foods but we switched to Taste of the Wild a couple of years ago and just recently found an even better quality food with less grain and fillers and more meat, Earthborn. It's more expensive than Purina, Iams, etc., but one look at the first few ingredients tells you why the big name brands aren't nearly as good for your cat as the two we have used. Earthborn food, while more expensive, may end up costing about the same since it has much more usable protein and you feed less of it since it's not full of fillers. We haven't had that (common) problem with our male neutered cats for many, many years now.

      If you don't want to spend more for better quality food, at least find a urinary tract formula in one of the more common brands.

      ---In CatVet@yahoogroups.com, <Saddlupasb@...> wrote :

      I just wanted to know if anyone has had issues with a male neutered cat having urinary issues with this food?

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic