      From: CatWoman <diana@...>
      To: CatVet@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, December 30, 2013 7:00 PM
      Subject: Re: [CatVet] exploratory surgery on 16 year old female

      I'm assuming she had xrays?  I would have an ultrasound done - something to see if there
      are tumors;  Also assume that bloodwork has been done, checking lymphocytes, eosynophils,
      any other values that are out of whack?

      I would not put her through surgery until all the tests have been done with a cat her
      age.  If they do find something and it looks operable - that's one thing.  If they find
      nothing, or if it is too extensive to make operating any use - then make her comfortable
      until you have something more concrete, or it is her time...

      dg

      ------------------------------------

      Pray for Peace.

      Please limit postings to Questions on Cat Health and Veterinary Issues and Answers to those Questions.

      To receive only ONE EMAIL PER DAY from this group , send an email to:
      CatVet-digest@yahoogroups.com

      To receive NO MORE EMAIL from this group, send an email to:
      CatVet-nomail@yahoogroups.com

      Please note: Advice is given free of charge by people with varying levels of expertise. It is up to you as a cat owner to assess whether any advice given to you is appropriate. If you are in any doubt, you should consult a veterinarian.Yahoo Groups Links

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)