30635Re: [CatVet] exploratory surgery on 16 year old female

  • CatWoman
    Dec 30, 2013
      I'm assuming she had xrays? I would have an ultrasound done - something to see if there
      are tumors; Also assume that bloodwork has been done, checking lymphocytes, eosynophils,
      any other values that are out of whack?

      I would not put her through surgery until all the tests have been done with a cat her
      age. If they do find something and it looks operable - that's one thing. If they find
      nothing, or if it is too extensive to make operating any use - then make her comfortable
      until you have something more concrete, or it is her time...

      dg
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic