30634exploratory surgery on 16 year old female

  • kaydenoconnell
    Dec 30, 2013
      Hi everyone,

      My 16 year-old female, Murphy, has been lethargic and uncomfortable-looking. After two nights at the vet clinic for fluids and meds, our vet has ruled out FIP, but is concerned with protein losing enteropathy (fluids leaking into her abdomen) or possible lymphoma. For now, she's on diuretics and steroids to help with her distended abdomen. They could do exploratory surgery to see if there are any blockages or some damaged lymph glands that could be repaired. Or she could go through some stressful surgery and find cancer. I'm not sure I want to put her through this. Has anyone else had some experience with elderly cats and this type of problem?
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic