30630Re: [CatVet] Christmas Eve. Cat Issues

  • Mary Lou Seymour
    Dec 27, 2013
      This is from a web page about Convenia
      http://catinfo.org/?link=convenia

      insist that your veterinarian file an adverse drug event (ADE) report with Zoetis (formerly Pfizer Animal Health)

      In addition to your veterinarian filing a report, you should also contact Zoetis.

      According to the FDA, any company receiving an adverse reaction report must report it to the FDA.  I have no opinion or knowledge to comment on whether this is actually done in every case but I would strongly suggest that a follow-up complaint also be registered with the FDA.  I am not willing to trust that every company will report every ADE report that comes to them.

      Here is a link to information for consumer reporting of an adverse drug event with the FDA:

      http://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/SafetyHealth/Reporta

      Problem/ucm055305.htm

      Information from Zoetis' website:

      https://online.zoetis.com/us/en/contact/pages/contactus.aspx

      To report an adverse event, please contact Zoetis at (888) 963-8471. (Old Pfizer information: (800) 366-5288 or (855) 424-7349.)

      On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 9:10 PM, <krazyken1220@...> wrote:

      Well I thank everyone for all your advice and wise words and I fully understand the situation even more then before as I had another vet look at my cat yesterday (Thursday) and no lie she said she looks like one of those animals on the commercials that's how sick she looks but she also told me that she looks like she is having an adverse reaction to Convenia which is one of the injections they gave her last Saturday and before the shot the cat did not look this bad. So not knowing or ever hearing of this drug before I did my research and did not like what I found. I learned it is a fairly new drug used and not many pets have an adverse reaction but some do and they all seem to have the same symptoms. I mean they even have a facebook page and all with pictures which was pretty scary. I called the vet today that gave her the shots and told them I feel like I paid you 157.00 to basically kill my cat which is what I feel they did. Once Convenia is injected the animal has no way to get it out of it's system and is pretty much there for about a month from what I learned. I have come to learn that vets go into this business to help animals but it seems like it is about the money as nobody is willing to hel[p that could. You see all these commercials on tv and people abuse animals on the news all I need is for my cat to get better I can provide a warm loving home and everything else.

      --
      ===
      Mary Lou

      Shelter Animals Advocates Foster Network
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shelter-Animals-Advocates-Aiken-Foster-Network/149433245225136

      Shelter Animals Advocates
      http://ShelterAnimalAdvocates.com

      Ginger of the Flying Ears