30595Cat Peeing on Carpet and Couch

  • magicquest1
    Jul 24, 2013
      Hi Everyone,

      My female, spade cat, Whisper decided she should randomly pee on the stair landing about a week and a half ago. Yesterday, I came home from work and she was on the living room couch acting strangely. I told her to get off, turned my back watched her jump back up and lift her rump up and spray urine all over the back of the couch and the cushions. This cat had previously urinated in the corner of the living room but I got new carpeting and put in a Feliway diffuser which stopped the behavior.

      I am at a loss at what to do. Changes in the household have been:
      1. PTS our 14 year old female Aussie about two weeks ago.
      2. Bought a new cat tree which she uses to scratch but won't sleep in it.
      3. My 12 year old cat was just diagnosed with kidney failure a couple of days ago.
      4. My stress level is running very high.

      I plan on making a vet appointment to verify that she doesn't have an urinary tract infection. I put a calming collar on her. Have started playing with her more. Cleaned the couch and covered it with a vinyl tablecloth. Added cat attractant to the two litter boxes and purchased a new litter box to keep next to her in the dining room where she likes to sleep on the chairs. Sprayed more Feliway spray in the living room. Anymore suggestions?

      If I can catch her, I may put her in the bathroom with a cat box and food. I am really worried because we are leaving on a 10 day vacation in August. My daughter will be home and a neighbor will be helping out but I am terrified that I will return home to a destroyed house.

      Thanks for any suggestions you can give me.

      Lorraine
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic