, added in the last 7 days
See our big photo collection!
The Speed King Auto Racer was a popular attraction on the Midway of the 1939-1940 New York Worlds Fair. The cars were built by the R. E. Chambers Company (1933-1961) of Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania, the successors to the Harry Traver Engineering Company which built many American amusement-park rides.
A 60-by-200-foot wooden-board track carried these rugged two-passenger Cushman-engined cars on an oval course. (See Photos.)
Post your own photos!
Click "Related Link" below for more.
Check our photos of carnival and amusement-park cars. Thanks!
"I've learned that life is like a carnival,
With all its sights and sounds ...
Sometimes you need to skip the rides,
And hang out with the clowns!"
~ Linda Ellis
- Exotic Cars
- Jan 8, 2007
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages require approval.
- All members can post messages.