Some new members...

  • James Bianco
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 4, 2005
      I've noticed that we are up to 44 members now, yet nobody has posted
      anything in quite some time. (Except oldtimers like Andrea, Joanne and
      I) Care to share your Carini heritage? Are you stuck on any lines? I
      hope you are all finding this place worthwhile and had a chance to
      visit the Carini exchange site www.cariniexchange.com where
      thousands of original Church and Civil records have been scanned and
      uploaded to assist in your research.

      Best of luck

      Jim Bianco
    • dharley142@optonline.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 5, 2005
        Hi Jim

        I have been busy with college stuff with my daughter so this had to take a back seat for alittle while. The other night I was actually putting all my stuff in a book, sort of like a scrapbook. Its easier to look at. I did see my Uncle and asked a few more questions. He said on our Marciano side. That he thought Anna Marciano had My Grandma Maria Rosa and she had 2 sisters 1 brother a lemon growe in Carini and a 1/2 brother He did not now if that was from Anna or my great grandpa . He was not much in the mood to talk so that the only new info I have. I still have to write to Sicily to try and find a death record for Giuseppa Licari. my great grandma. So confusing.

        I hope everyone is enjoying their summer.

        Have a nice weekend

        Donna
      • dharley142@optonline.net

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 5, 2005
            Hey cousin!
            Do we know if Giuseppa ever married and when? Also, do we have an
            exact birthdate for her? Maybe we could look up her baptism, I think
            I have that film down at my local FHC.

            Let me know, and have a great summer!!

            Jim :)

          • dharley142@optonline.net
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 6, 2005
              Hi Jim

              How are you? No I am pretty sure Giuseppa never married. The only thing I have has her listed as Giuseppa Licari, on my grandpas birth cerificate that is how she is listed. I asked my Uncle and he sid he thinks she just stayed with the widowed military captain and never married him because he was very high up in society and she was the lady who took care of his house. I guess they did not worry about the fact that she was single and while working for him had 4 children. He said she died in Carini in 1935. I will have to write to them. I will get a letter out this week. It gets so frustrating. When you find out alittle you want alot! I guess you all know that feeling.

              Well today is another hot one on Long Island, not as bad as the past 4 days. I think my daughter wants to go to the beach sounds good to me.

              Enjoy your weekend.

              Hi Joanne hope all is well with you too!

              DOnna
            • j.wisniewski
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 6, 2005
                Hi Donna, All fine here. Been busy with my son switching colleges, and the
                heat doesn't make me want to do anything!
                joanne