My 2003 trip to Carini

  • James Bianco
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2008
      almost 5 years ago in December 2003 my friend Nick and I visited
      Carini (PA) Sicily the ancestral hometown of my grandmother Antonina
      Leone. This (longish) video I just captured today from the original tape.

      It begins on the roof of the famous "Castello di Carini" where in 1563
      Laura Lanza Lagrua was killed by her father for an adulterous
      relationshiop with Ludovico Vernagallo. A poem was written about the
      event shortly after and is very famous in Italy, you will even find it
      performed in the movie The Godfather III when Al Pacino was visiting
      Corleone, his home town.

      You can see me in it briefly (I'm the skinny guy with the shaved head)

      [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVxQz3rVUNE[/url]