Re: Critical Mass (was CarFree Elements)

  • Bijan Soleymani
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2004
      Jym Dyer <jym@...> writes:

      >>> Anti-car: doesn't own a car, strongly encourages others not
      >>> to buy cars. Critical Mass participant at least, more likely
      >>> the organizer.
      >
      > =v= I'm something of a Critical Mass organizer, though I'll
      > point out that one can't really "organize" such an entity;
      > one can only propose ideas and see what happens. One does not
      > need to be anti-car to participate in, enjoy, or even "organize"
      > Critical Mass. You pretty much only need to have a desire to
      > ride a bike (or other human-powered conveyance) in the streets.

      Ok well I have a question related to that. During our last ride here
      in Montreal, the police broke up the ride. They were rather polite and
      I believe that some agreement could be reached with them. However since
      critical mass doesn't really exist as an organization I'm not sure how
      we're going to go about negotating with them.

      What has been your experience with the police during your rides, and
      how do you deal with them?

      Bijan
      --
      Bijan Soleymani <bijan@...>