Re: [CarFree] Bush & car's

  • Al Raden
    Message 1 of 5 , May 4, 2000
      I've not seen many walkable communities - and I live in South Florida... the
      home of rapid land exploitation with new communities. They are typically
      putting in sidewalks, but you are limited to walking inside your little
      community. If you want to actually go anwhere useful, you have to cross
      multi-lane high-speed highways.

      - al

    • balding_dude86@mailcity.com
      Message 2 of 5 , May 5, 2000
        Ugh! Pardon me for getting so political here, but this is why I
        can't
        support someone like Bush: he strikes me as being shallow and
        simple-minded...someone who doesn't seem able to comprehend that
        different people have different needs.

        Why is it that there are some among conservative ranks that are
        hostile to people who decide or want to live carfree? I thought
        conservatives were for individual rights...

        Steve W.