RE: [CF] Re: was proper attire/Netherlands

  • Fitzsimmons, Diane
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 4, 2004
      In Oklahoma, you can get an official state-issued ID that is not a
      license to drive. You might find the same thing useful in Michigan for
      those times you need a photo ID.

      Diane Fitzsimmons
      Norman, Okla., USA

    • Nualle Schallenberger
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 4, 2004
        --- Paul Cooley <pcooley@...> wrote:
        >quote<
        As for bicycling attire � this winter I've been
        wearing an old, waxed-cotton parka I bought at a
        thrift store for seven dollars. I wear a wool
        undershirt, wool shirt and wool sweater I've had
        forever, thrift store khakis, and a pair of Sperry
        Topsiders from a discount shoe store. The topsiders
        have become my bike shoe of choice, even for the Santa
        Fe Century; I do have a pair of touring shoes, but the
        topsiders win out because of comfort and familiarity.
        >end quote<

        Since my bus riding season has ended a little early
        due to the bus drivers' strike (I've met a few who are
        somewhat less professional than Karen has, but by no
        means do they deserve the shaft they're getting from
        the Met Council) and the weatherheads are threatening
        sleet this evening, and I have a class I have to get
        to, I may get to try out the new tarp-pants my wife
        just made for me. Underneath will be long johns and a
        pair of polar fleece sweatpants, also homemade.

        On top, I have an amazing parka shell w/ fleece liner
        jacket that'll take care of any chill wind. From
        Cabela's because they don't expect hunters necessarily
        to be skinny.

        Haven't decided yet if I'm gonna wear my mukluks --
        they're pretty bulky -- or if I'm gonna risk getting
        chilly toes. I hate chilly toes. But you've also gotta
        be able to pedal without hitting the chain every
        pedalstroke.

        http://search.yahoo.com