PBS "The Sacred Balance"

  • JamesJFitz@Juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2003
      Here's a link and another bit of the interview.
      Supposed to be a series running on PBS.
      My local station is raising money tonight for
      an August 31 deadline!

      Jim

      http://www.pbs.org/now/transcript/transcript_suzuki.html

      SUZUKI: That is a hell of a lot of human beings. There are more humans
      than all of the rabbits on earth. There are more of us than all the
      wildebeests , than all the rats, than all the mice. We are the most
      numerous mammal on the planet. But because we're not like rabbits or
      rats or mice we have technology, we have a consumptive appetite, we
      have a global economy. We are now like no other mammal that has ever
      existed. And it's time for us to sit back and start saying, "Wait a
      minute. Now, yes, we've got a very productive economy. But what are we
      doing in terms of our grandchildren and their grandchildren?"

      Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!