S.U.V. headaches

  • Pedaldancer@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 6, 2002
      Even thou, I live in L.A., now, I am originally from Baltimore. So, I
      like to keep up with hometown news, over the internet. When I heard it
      snowed yesterday, wanted to see what happened.
      Well, this is a small clip from an article. Check out the last line of
      this clip...
      P.E.

      <<Early snowfall blankets Maryland
      Regional storm dumps up to 9 inches in state; Many schools to close
      again today

      By Andrew A. Green and Stephen Kiehl
      Sun Staff
      Originally published December 6, 2002
      Wintry weather arrived early in the Baltimore area yesterday as the
      heaviest snowstorm in three years blanketed the region with as many
      problems as snowdrifts: shutting down schools, causing serious accidents
      and reacquainting Marylanders with slush, ice and cold.
      "It's been several years since we had a significant storm, and we have a
      lot of citizens who aren't used to this," said state Transportation
      Secretary John D. Porcari. "Lots of them are driving SUVs and they
      forget that four-wheel drive does not suspend the laws of physics.">>

      Copyright © 2002, The Baltimore Sun
    • ensignaurora <tappants@hotmail.com>
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 15, 2002
        --- In CarFree@yahoogroups.com, Pedaldancer@w... wrote:
        > Regional storm dumps up to 9 inches in state; Many schools to close

        A good reason to act carless if I ever heard one!

        Stay at home and cuddle up with good food, something warm, and good
        entertainment.........like a book!

        -Traci
        ("Well, I have them locked up behind forcefields in no time!"--Odo
        "Constable....there's no hurry."--Sisko, (wtte), DS9:Captive Pursuit)