Re: [CF] More bike lanes, good sidewalks, cyclers urge

  • ensignaurora
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2002
      Yes, you see, there we go. We each have our own agendas. But then
      again, I sort of question part of this one.

      Are the cyclers urging more sidewalks so they can ride on the
      sidewalks endangering pedestrians? Or are they urging more sidewalks
      so the pedestrians will stay out of their bike lanes?

      Either way, for now I speak of this not from the car but from the
      running shoe. As a runner, I don't dare run on the sidewalk, at least
      not for long and not above warm-up speed. So I run on the asphalt, the
      bike lane. Not the best, but certainly better on the legs than the
      concrete.

      Is there an answer? Is there a better answer? Sure, trails. But the
      cyclers in the title aren't calling for that; just what is in thier
      interest. Should they be calling for that? I mean, afterall, they
      aren't going to be riding on the trails when they have a good bike
      lane, right?

      Well, if one is a pure biker, perhaps not. But if one is more
      concerned about going somewhat carfree, then perhaps so. After all,
      which is better, to be able to job in the vincinity of one's home or
      having to drive out to the runner's park?

      -Traci
      ("The president, National security advisor, and Cutter have their own
      agenda."--Jack Ryan, movie synobsis, (wtte), "Clear and Present
      Danger")