programs help to leave cars at home

  • eric.floden@pc.gc.ca
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 27, 2002
      an article on how Vancouver is reducing its car usage through various
      programs is in today's Globe & Mail:

      http://globeandmail.workopolis.com/servlet/Content/fasttrack/20021127/CAVANC?section=HomePage

      ef
    • ensignaurora
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2002
        All very good and it works........THERE.

        Will it work where another works? As I read the article, the biggest
        immediate hurdle I saw was those who work one place and face a 1-2
        hour commute to another place. From there, one can tack on the other
        problems as they exist in one's area.

        I'm not saying it won't work. I'm saying that before one applies the
        solution of one area, they need to carfully address the needs in their
        own area.

        Think that makes the point. Enuff said.

        -Traci
        ("But the planet has tides!"--Nimoy said, having grown up on the
        seashore.
        "They could be solar tides, Sir," Uhura observed. Nimoy, lacking the
        science knowledge of the Vulcan he was impersonating, merely nodded.;
        (w,stte), "Visit to a wierd planet revisited", Book: Star Trek, The
        New Voyages)